Revisiting - this week's word of the week

Friday Focus 03/02/17 – Revisiting memories

I’ve been revisiting memories this week. We spent last weekend in Torquay for the Land’s End – John O’Groats Association awards dinner. Sophie was awarded the Jack Adams/Richard Elloway trophy for being the youngest person to journey from Land’s End to John O’Groats last year and we all received our certificates for completing the journey. It was lovely to relive last summer’s travels and to chat to other End-to-Enders about their journeys.

We took a detour on the way home to go to a friend’s 40th birthday party. Back in my ballroom dancing days, hubby and I both competed in acrobatic rock ‘n’ roll. Hubby’s dance partner Alex and my dance partner Gavin are also married to each other and it was Gavin’s 40th birthday. We got to catch up with a few old friends from our dancing days and had a fun afternoon playing lots of different family games. There were many moments of revisiting old memories along the way too!

Me and hubby with our friends from our ballroom dancing days

With February being Heart Month, I have also been revisiting our journey as a heart family and sharing our story to help raise awareness of congenital heart defects. I’ll be sharing a few heart-related posts on my blog over the next few weeks as part of this.

This week, I also shared a guest post on Toby Goes Bananas as part of the Remembering Childhood series. I quite enjoyed revisiting some childhood memories and taking part in this!

Things I have loved this week:

Jessica and Sophie looking at the models at Babbacombe Model Village

• Watching the girls having fun at the beach and paddling in the sea with their wellies on.

Jessica and Sophie paddling in the sea

• Sophie’s dance moves at our BilinguaSing French class.
  • Snuggles from my girls at bedtime and Sophie telling me “Mummy, you’re so beautiful. I love you very much.” Could there be any better compliment than that?

The Reading Residence

24 thoughts on “Friday Focus 03/02/17 – Revisiting memories

1. Kim Carberry

Aww! Well done Sophie for receiving the award and all of you for completing the trip!
    It sounds like you had a fab time at the party….
    Lovely photos! Your girls paddling in the sea is just adorable x
    #WotW

2. Angela Webster

Well done to Sophie on her award, I remember reading your blog posts last year you all did amazing ! It’s so nice to catch up with old friends isn’t it, sounds like you had lots of fun. How cute are the girls in matching coats. Have a lovely weekend. #WotW

3. Anne

I think I’ve already congratulated Sophie on her award, but I’ll say congratulations again, what an achievement. Your week sounds very full and very lovely, I do love revisiting. x

4. Cheryl | TimeToCraft

Congrats Sophie and what a busy week. I have a soft spot for model villages. Haven’t been to Babbacombe for a while. What fun meeting up with old friends. I had no idea that acrobatic rock ‘n’ roll was a thing. Sounds fun. #wotw

Thank you Cheryl. Acrobatic rock ‘n’ roll was fun – don’t think I could do it these days though but was much more supple back then!

5. Sarah Howe @runjumpscrap

I loved Torquay as a child and the model village. Bet the girls loved it. It’s great revisiting old friends and chatting about things you have got up to in the past. Hope it was a lovely trip. Have a great weekend x #wotw

It was the first time we’ve been to Torquay – we loved it there, just a shame we weren’t there a bit longer as there were a few other places we would have liked to have explored. Hope you are having a lovely weekend too 🙂

6. The Reading Residence

A lovely word, what a wonderful week looking back on happy memories. Well done to Sophie, that is special. I love that model village, I have happy memories of visiting there, so thanks for reminding me! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

Thank you Jocelyn, glad that my post brought back some happy memories of visiting Babbacombe – we loved our visit there 🙂

7. Sarah Christie

Ah congratulations to you all what a great achievement, and its always lovely to catch up with old friends. Gosh yes valentines day is only round the corner do you know I hadn’t even registered x

Thank you Carol. Stonehenge is an interesting place to visit – hubby went once for the summer solstice which was an amazing experience