The girls have such a lovely bond together and when they are loving towards each other it is beautiful to watch. The last few weeks have seen a lot more bickering though – there are days when it seems they are annoying each other from the moment they wake up which can be frustrating. It’s a normal part of a sibling relationship though and thankfully the beautiful moments do make up for it. I have no doubt that they love each other to bits even when they are winding each other up. It’s a challenge to resist the temptation to step in and referee sometimes but on the whole they work it out themselves if I don’t. I remember being the same with my twin as we were growing up and we have a very close bond still. It’s all part of the joys of having a sibling! On the plus side, they are learning to negotiate and solve problems even if it does make for stressful moments now and then!
Jessica (5 years 4 months)
- Made me very proud with her performance as an angel in her school nativity.
- Was awarded her bronze reading award at the end of last term for reading 25 books.
- Is enjoying being back at her usual activities after the Christmas break.
- Was very excited about Sophie starting preschool and had lots of fun telling her little sister what happens at preschool and then asking about her day afterwards.
- Loved having a cuddle with her newest cousin when visiting family over the Christmas break.
- Has been enjoying getting to ride her new scooter to school.
Sophie (3 years 2 months)
- Started preschool and is enjoying it so far.
- Is really coming along with her drawing – so lovely to see how it changes as she gets bigger. We now have definite people and she especially loves drawing rainbows (with the colours in the right order too!)
- Has picked up some of the songs at her BilinguaSing class and it is lovely to hear her singing away to herself in French every now and then.
- Is struggling not to itch thanks to her eczema flaring up again with the cold weather – am hoping she won’t suffer too badly with it over the winter.
- Loves riding her new scooter to the park.
- Was very excited about the faint dusting of snow on the lawn and loved picking it up and seeing on her mittens. Mummy was quite disappointed there wasn’t enough to build even the smallest of snowmen.