All four members of my little family have been performing this week. On Friday, I got to see Jessica performing in two dances at the end of her ballet class and on Saturday morning, it was Sophie’s turn to show off some of the ballet steps she has learned. Hubby and I got to sing a duet together in our concert on Saturday evening as well as doing a solo each and taking part in various other numbers. Tomorrow I’ll be singing a solo again in a carol service at church.
Yesterday, we had a very proud moment when we saw Jessica taking part in the nativity play. I was quite tearful watching her. The day before was one of her heart days and I couldn’t help thinking that this time five years ago, Jessica was in intensive care recovering from her second open-heart surgery. To be five years on from that time and able to see her playing the part of an angel in her nativity play is so wonderful. It was one of those moments when I was reminded once again of just how very lucky we are.
Things I have loved this week:
- Having a working fridge-freezer again.
- Having my mum come and stay for the weekend.
- Pretty flowers as a thank you for helping organise the concert.
- Seeing how excited Jessica and Sophie were about seeing Father Christmas when we had tea with him at a Wyevale Garden Centre.
- Jessica’s birthday card to her toy “Pink Cat” as she decided it was Pink Cat’s fifth birthday at the weekend.
- Watching Sophie dancing outside the school gates while waiting to go in.
- Trying out new recipes from the HelloFresh box that we’ve recently subscribed to.
- Making Christmas presents with the girls.