Being at home all day with Sophie means we spend a lot of time on our own – just the two of us. We get out and about, go for walks in nearby parks but it’s still just us two. As much as I love being with my children, I do feel a little lonely sometimes. This week though, I’ve enjoyed plenty of adult company while still spending time with my children. Two of my sisters have come to stay (not at the same time); I’ve enjoyed time catching up with a university friend and a lovely day out with my in-laws at the RHS Wisley Christmas craft fayre. With hubby having another busy week and working long hours, the adult company has been even more appreciated.
I was also extra-thankful for the company last night. My food shopping was delivered after the children had gone to bed and as I went to put it away, I realised that my fridge was somewhat on the warm side. Thankfully my in-laws live down the road and had some fridge space so could take the things I didn’t need immediately. Hubby was away so had my sister not been staying with me, I wouldn’t have been able to dash out with the groceries. I’m hoping the fridge can be repaired – on the plus side though, the freezer is working fine, and the fridge wasn’t too full so there wasn’t too much that needed throwing away.
Things I have loved this week:
- Spending time with my sisters.
- Being an elf and helping out at Santa’s grotto at the school Christmas fayre.
- Watching Jessica singing some Christmas songs with her class at the Christmas fayre.
- The pretty new jumpers and skirts that my mum sent for the girls.
- Watching the girls sitting together and watching a video on the iPad.
- Getting to explore a little bit of the gardens at RHS Wisley while my in-laws browsed the stalls at the craft fayre.
- Treating myself to some new clothes and winter boots.
- Watching the girls having fun decorating cardboard cut-out dollies.