I recently read a post from Babi a Fi sharing her responses to the Vogue 73 questions which inspired me to join in too – it’s taken me a while to finally get around to answering them all but here they are!
1. What Is Your Favourite Movie?
The Sound of Music.
2. Favourite Movie In The Past Five Years?
Into the Woods.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
4. A Book You Plan On Reading?
Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee.
5. A Book That You Read In School That Positively Shaped You?
The Silver Sword by Ian Seraillier.
6. Favourite TV Show That’s Currently On?
Call the Midwife.
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
That’s a tricky one to answer – excited is the wrong word for me really with the future always being a bit uncertain. That said, I’m quite content with how my life is at the moment so I’ll say eight.
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who Should EVERYONE Be Following Right Now?
I love Instagram feeds that are beautiful snapshots of daily life and @baby_chaos11 is one of my favourite feeds to follow.
11. What’s Your Favourite Food?
Chinese – crispy duck and pancakes, yum yum!
12. Least Favourite Food?
Oat cakes – they bring back too many memories of trying to get through morning sickness – at one point they were the only thing that helped!
13. What Do You Love On Your Pizza?
Tomatoes, sweetcorn, peppers and olives.
14. Favourite Drink?
Currently Chai Latte.
15. Favourite Dessert?
Apple and rhubarb crumble.
16. Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?
17. Coffee or Tea?
18. What’s The Hardest Part About Being A Mum?
Accepting that there are so many things you have no control over.
19. What Is Your Favourite Band?
The Mamas and the Papas.
20. Favourite Solo Artist?
21. Favourite Song?
It’s Getting Better – Mama Cass (it was one of the songs played at our wedding).
22. If You Could Sing A Duet With Anyone, Who Would It Be?
I’m quite happy to just sing duets with my hubby – can’t really think of anyone that I’d rather sing with to be honest!
23. If You Could Master One Instrument, What Would It Be?
I already play the piano reasonably well, but I’d like to be able to play the flute well too.
24. If You Had A Tattoo, Where Would It Be?
Nowhere – I have no desire to ever have a tattoo.
25. To Be or Not To Be?
That is the question.
26. Dogs or Cats?
27. Bird-watching or Whale-watching?
I’ve never been whale-watching and think I’d quite like to try it.
28. The Best Gift You’ve Ever Received?
So hard to choose as there’s been so many wonderful gifts over the years but I’m picking two for different reasons – my piano because it’s still loved and played on thirty years on, and the prayer shawl I received when I was pregnant with Jessica because it’s a physical representation of all the love and prayers that supported us during that time.
29. The Best Gift You’ve Ever Given?
My mum loves fresh flowers – for the last few years her Christmas present has been a promise from me to buy her a bouquet every month throughout the year.
30. The Last Gift You Gave A Friend?
A pocket letter with little sachets of tea and miniature chocolate bars.
31. What’s your Favourite Board Game?
Settlers of Catan.
32. What’s Your Favourite Country To Visit?
33. What’s The Last Country You Visited?
34. What Country Do You Wish To Visit?
Austria – I’d like to do the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg!
35. What Is Your Favourite Colour?
36. Least Favourite Colour?
37. Diamonds or Pearls?
38. Heels or Flats?
Flats these days although in my pre-children days the answer would definitely have been heels!
39. Pilates or Yoga?
I’ve never done either.
40. Jogging or Swimming?
41. The Best Way To De-stress?
Shut myself up in the bathroom and sing.
42. If You Had One Superpower, What Would It Be?
43. What’s The Weirdest Word In The English Language?
Can’t think of any particularly weird words right now but I hate the word “lisp” because if you have one, you can never say it!
44. What’s Your Favourite Flower?
45. When Was The Last Time You Cried?
A couple of days ago when I was tired and stressed out.
46. Do You Like Your Handwriting?
47. Do You Bake?
Yes, occasionally and I love baking with the children.
48. What Is Your Least Favourite Thing About Yourself?
My mercurial temperament.
49. What Is Your Favourite Thing About Yourself?
50. Who Do You Miss Most?
51. What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Le Petit Cordonnier by Lucienne Vernay which is on my children’s playlist (I’m sneaking a few moments to myself while they’re playing happily together!)
52. Favourite Smell?
53. Who Was The Last Person You Talked To On The Phone?
54. Who Was The Last Person You Sent A Text To?
Someone else on my HR course.
55. A Sport You Wish You Could Play?
56. Hair colour?
57. Eye Colour?
58. Scary Film or Happy Endings?
Happy endings – I don’t like scary films.
59. Favourite Season?
60. Three People Alive or Dead That You Would Like To Have Dinner With?
Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and my dad.
61. Hugs or Kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
I’m not particularly keen on either – if I had to choose one though it would probably be The Beatles.
63. Where Were You Born?
64. What Is The Farthest You Have Been From Home?
65. Sweet or Savoury?
Savoury – the only time I’ve ever really had a sweet tooth was when I was pregnant with Jessica and I craved cake and ice-cream!
66. Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
67. What Book Have You Read Again and Again?
Anne of Green Gables.
68. Favourite Bedtime Story?
Guess How Much I Love You.
69. What Would Be The Title Of Your Autobiography?
Holding on to Hope.
70. Favourite Sound?
My children laughing.
71. Favourite Animal?
72. Who Is Your Girl Crush?
I don’t think I have one.
73. The Last Photograph You Took?
Jessica with Lorraine Pascale at yesterday’s Innocent Sow and Grow event (more about that coming up on the blog soon!)
I’m not tagging anyone else to join in but if you’d like to answer the questions for yourself then please consider yourself tagged!